Ever have one of those days! I literally woke up in a “F*** it mood!” (Hence why it’s 9 a.m on a Sunday and I’m still in bed🤨) Waffles smothered in whip cream and strawberries with a side of bacon & a mimosa sounds a lot better than boiled eggs, plain oatmeal & plain yogurt no matter how I try to spruce it up with my blueberries!
But as I pull up my SkipTheDishes app I see the wallpaper pic of myself with my boys. It is a reminder of what’s at stake if I don’t get my health under control. So, I’m going to finish my tea, restart the kettle and get back to staying on track! Here are some other quick tips to help if you ever find yourself less than motivated to continue to make healthy choices!
1. Forgive yourself! Keep your expectations realistic. Life happens, you can’t be perfect 100% of the time. Staying healthy is a lifelong journey!
2. Focus on the reason why you want a healthy lifestyle. Think about your end goal. Visualize what that will look and feel like!
3. Go for a walk! Activity will help with managing your stress, fighting boredom and is a healthy distraction.
4. Variety! Try to pre-plan and mix up your meals to avoid the monotony of eating the same things. Balance and moderation are keys to staying on track.
5. Get Support! Sometimes making lifestyle change is challenging so it always helps to have that little extra lift or push to make things more enjoyable and successful. Find a partner to challenge & cheer each other on.
Happy Sunday Funday!
Enjoy today! 💕