Living a healthier life doesn’t mean deprivation! Developing healthier habits begins with unlearning the cycle of constant yo-yo dieting.
Start with realistic goals that fit into your daily lifestyle. Constantly depriving ourselves of the foods we love, continually feeling hungry or even forcing ourselves to eat healthy things we don’t like is a recipe for failure. So, instead of deprivation let’s make a habit around moderation! Pick a formula that works for you. I’m comfortable myself with the 90/10 rule but most people use the 80/20 rule (Eating healthy 80% of the time and treating yourself 20% of the time)
With the nice weather coming & the ease of Covid lockdown restrictions you might find yourself in a social situation that could be quite challenging. Remember, moderation and variety will definitely help you stay on that path for a healthier life.
So, enjoy that pastry or bowl of pasta or even a delicious drink on a patio! 💕😊
If you’ve been reading a lot of my posts you know I am an advocate for preplanning!
Warm weather often means outdoor grill & bbq time! Using your barbeque is a quick and easy way to do a weeks worth of food prep in a short amount of time without heating up your kitchen. You can place everything at once on the grill eliminating the use of pots and pans. You’re probably going to turn the barbeque on anyway for at least one meal so you might as well take advantage and throw more on! Here are some extra tips!
While enjoying your morning coffee/tea in the sun pre-plan your weekly menu before heading to the grocery store.
Gather a variety of lean proteins such as chicken, fish, top sirloin or sirloin tip. When in the grocery store also choose a variety of vegetables. Root vegetables are especially delicious on the grill!
Don’t be afraid of throwing fruit on the bbq! My favourites are pineapple and peaches! Grilling fruit removes the water & breaks down fibres that result in the better delivery of minerals, vitamins, and phyto nutrients. Besides -the caramelizing is delicious!!
Use foil to wrap your fruits & vegetables for even easier cleanup!
Invest in meal containers to dish out your meals for Quick and easy storage.
Experiment With different recipes & marinades using healthy fats and seasonings to avoid “chicken resentment” 😂
Happy Grilling & Happy Sunday! ☀️🍹🥗
Did y’all enjoy your weekend? Well, Happy Monday! 😊
Monday represents a new start so let’s jump right back in! Here are some tips to get back on track!
1. Preplan – Stock your fridge & cupboards with healthy options that’ll keep you on track throughout the week. If you have meals ready to go & healthy snacks on hand, you’re less likely to grab whats unhealthy.
2. Track what you eat- write down when & what goes in to your mouth. It’ll keep you accountable and help you identify habits. You can do this by keeping a little journal or using free apps that are available out there.
3. Water, Water, Water-add lemon & warm it for extra detox.
4. Eat Breakfast- It’ll kickstart your metabolism for the day and boost your energy levels.
5. Protein , healthy fats & high fibre foods will help with cravings and keep you full throughout the day!
What are some tips you might have to get back on track?